Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Session Fail.

Today I woke up and exhausted. I couldn't shake the previous two days off me. It was the first time i thought about canceling. But I went and tried to make the best of it.

The fucking stairmaster warmup. I made the 6 minutes and even bumped up the level towards the end. I felt better about today.

But then the rope jumps. 30 seconds of straight jumping from one side of the ropes to the other. I got winded pretty fast, and just the feeling of heaving my thighs and butt off the ground was pretty completely intolerable.

Extended straight leg lifts. 15 reps. Doable.

Man Makers - 8 of these with 15lb dumbbells.

Squats and shoulder presses holding 10lbs kettlebells. 15 reps. Fine.

2nd round, increased rope jumps to 35 seconds. Dying. I was like, "These suck hard" and he was all, "well, I usually make people only do it for 20 seconds at a time" - upside, but can't breathe.

Leg lifts - 15reps - fine.

Man Makers - 8 with 15lb dumbells - I struggled through them which sucked because it's been a while since I have done these and I really like them. If I wasn't winded from the jumping (and so exhausted from working) that I could have really killed these. Disappointed in my struggle.

Squats again - fine.

Mother fucking stair intervals. 3 minutes. I made it through 2 minutes, high at 11, 12 and low at 7, 8 then could not get my breathing, I had to stop and try to regulate. After a while, I did get back up and got one more high/low in but could not make it through another interval to finish out the 3 minutes.
Suck. bc this ate into my lifting time.

Lifting:
Back and biceps today. Got through it, but I feel like I didn't get to finish. My wheezing episode ate into my lifting time. mad. sad and I just wanted to go back to sleep.

Upside -
I did do the 2 sets of man makers.
I do 15s seconds more of the rope jump
He was proud of me that I got back up on the stairs to try to finish out that interval.

I really felt like I was fighting a losing battle with my body today. I'm never not tired, I'm not losing weight even though I've been eating healthy for the last 4 months, and I'm trying to work out more effectively than before but I don't know if my body can do it.
Even my trainer noticed that Tuesdays are hard for me.

I don't know why the stairmaster and the jumping is so hard. I just FEEL so HEAVY that I am not strong enough to bear my own weight when to jump or to lift my legs to each stair.
The messed up thing about this all is that I went to a zumba class over the weekend so that I would not have so much trouble with the stair master and have so much time in between workouts.
sigh. I don't know how to remedy this.

No comments:

Post a Comment